Wednesday, April 7, 2010

George and Linda Derrah come to visit

George and Linda Derrah were over to visit. Linda is smitten by this sweet little black tabby male.



Dinner was good (I cooked) and so was the company. Linda and George own a lovely spayed Persian female.









                                            

                                                                                   


    This is deja vu! The lovely photo of Buttons is on the table with the new kitten in George's big hand! Button's owner Anne DeMerchant has her hand under Buttons just like George! George's coffee is in a Himalayan mug given to me by a family who bought a kitten ten years ago. It's my favourite mug.




George sat for a long time with the babies. Thank heaven he had already eaten or he would have lost weight!

The painting to right of George is of the village where I lived in Ethiopia many years ago. It is one of my favourite things.The watercolour was done by my friend Father Roland Turrene, a Jesuit Priest originally from Montreal. Roland has lived in Ethiopia for forty years, teaching at Tafari Makonnen school in Addis Ababa.