Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Gay Pride Parade in Fredericton


Malcolm Miller, originally from Black Rock NS has lived and taught in the city many years.  It's a joke that he is from Black Rock! I introduced him to Grace, my niece, who is from Black Rock Road NS.














Anna and Catherine were there with their mothers. They  have visited my home to see the cats. They loved Dragon who was ecstatic to have a little walk about town. He is napping just now.




Khal enjoys showing cats and kittens to children. Catherine couldn't keep her hand off Dragon. I have invited them to visit when the new kittens are born August 23rd. They are lovely houseguests.

The cats really benefit from contact with children. Many breeders dislike children visiting their cats. It's wrong. I get a wonderful opportunity to talk to children about cat and kitten care. It's a win win situation - for the cats and for the kids!












 Here is Khal and Dragon with the big peacock! I got a chance to speak with him briefly.  He knows my old friend and tenant Mac Mac Kenzie. Mac lived at my home when he did his Social Work degree at STU.  He came up from Saint John to be in the parade.
Here is Tony Burnett with Grace. Tony is a member of  Confirm United - and is wearing the T-shirt.


Here is Anna with her mom. It seems like just last year the girls were babies.

This is my friend Tony Fitzgerald. I was honoured to be his wedding planner when he and my friend Margaret Brown married a few years ago. He won an award at the Gay Pride  Ceremony. It's challenging to be transgendered. I am so proud of him for living an 'authentic life'.